The team at Fremantle Central Pharmacy is committed to being extra vigilant during this time to ensure a safe and clean working environment to protect the health of our staff and customers.
- If you have any COVID‐19 or flu-like symptoms including fever, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath please do not present for your flu vaccination.
- If you have been told by a health professional that you meet the criteria for self‐isolation, you must not enter our pharmacy. Leaving your house puts others at risk and is breaking the law.
- Our consulting room will have access to hand sanitisers for use by the immuniser between each vaccination and will be made available for customer use. Please note that it is not a current requirement that gloves must be worn, as long as proper hand hygiene practices are being followed.
- The chairs in our waiting areas have been spaced out to leave at least 1.5m (metres) between customers.
- In addition to our usual cleaning procedures, we have added additional regular cleaning and disinfection of all hard surfaces in our pharmacy.
- We encourage all staff and customers to practice good hand hygiene and cough etiquette at all times.
- Staff and customers are encouraged to leave at least 1.5m (metres) between each other whenever possible.
Customers are required to stay inside the pharmacy for 15 minutes after being vaccinated. The main reason for this requirement is, if a serious reaction to the flu vaccine were to occur, it will usually occur within 15 minutes after vaccination. Our pharmacists who deliver vaccinations are trained in first aid and CPR. They know how to respond to an anaphylactic reaction.