Fremantle Central Pharmacy complies fully with national privacy laws contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles. We are committed to ensuring your right to keep your personal information private and we strive to ensure privacy, accuracy and security of your personal information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
Very often, we are required to collect certain personal information from you to be able to provide requested products or services and perform our functions and activities.
The kinds of personal information that we collect and store might include your contact details, age, address, prescription details and other health and wellness information. It may include (amongst other things):
In certain circumstances, we may also collect your personal information from third parties, as outlined in the “Exchange of personal information with third parties” section below.
In some circumstances we may collect sensitive information (including but not limited to health information such as the details that appear on a prescription or details you provide to us.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information for the reasons we collected it and for other reasonable business purposes in that we may database, store and process your personal information to provide you with the service you requested and so that we can perform our functions and activities.
For example, we may use your personal information as follows:
- Processing your purchases/orders and requests for orders/services in store;
- To fulfil prescriptions;
- Being aware of any special product and service requirements you may have;
- Advising you of any changes to our products and services;
- Confirming your identity when you contact us;
- Addressing any feedback or complaints you may have;
- Communicating directly with you and providing marketing communications and targeted advertising to you on an ongoing basis by telephone, electronic messages (e.g. email or SMS), or digital services and other means;
- Where you consent, developing, improving and marketing our products and services to you;
- To provide you with information related to your health, wellness and/or prescriptions that we think may be of interest to you or that you have requested;
- To create and maintain a health and wellness diagnostic and user record for you and provide recommendations in relation to your health and wellness and its management, and allow you access to certain aspects of the same via our website;
- To store it in databases that allow analytics and easier performance of our functions;
- For diagnostic, maintenance, security and servicing test purposes; and
- Any purposes for which it was requested and related purposes.
If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the “secondary purpose”) other than the main reason for which it was originally collected (the “primary purpose”), to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
- The secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that we would use or disclose your information in that way; or
- You have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- The use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- The use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles or other law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
For any of the above purposes we may contact you by telephone, electronic, postal or other means.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may be unable to do one or more of the above. However, where it is lawful or practical to do so, you may choose to deal with us anonymously (for example, when enquiring about our goods and services generally).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFROMATION AND EXCHANGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Personal information we collect may be disclosed to select third parties for purposes related to our functions and activities. Where personal information may be disclosed exactly will depend on the nature of the information and the purposes for which it was collected. For example, personal information we collect from you may be disclosed:
- To any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, Federal or State law enforcement agencies, regulatory and investigative agencies, courts, various other Federal or State government bodies);
- To our related entities;
- To others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you or at a subsequent time;
- To our business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- To our personnel;
- To health practitioners and nurses employed by us or contracted with us, or working with us though one of our service providers;
- To our professional advisors, service providers, business partners that we have teamed up with to provide you with a service or goods, agents and other contractors (for example IT and software/hardware consultants and providers, marketing agencies who manage activities for us, data management providers, lawyers and mailing houses); and
- With your consent (express or implied), to others.
We may also obtain personal and other information from some or all of the above to enable us to provide or market our services or products to you, and provide other elements outlined above.
When we obtain personal and other information from third parties whom we are referred to by you, you must ensure that you have made that third party aware of the referral of the persons and purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
Unless indicated otherwise by us, we will not disclose your personal information to any entities located overseas.
QUALITY AND SECURITY
We hold personal information in electronic and in hard copy form at pharmacy level and with the assistance of our third party service providers. We take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information we hold. We destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer needed. We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, interference, modification or disclosure in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We may provide links to other websites on our websites. If you use these links, you will leave our website and we are not responsible for any of these websites, or their usage of your personal information. We recommend that you check the privacy policies on those websites.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can ask to obtain access to your personal information that we and/or our contractors hold, although under some circumstances permitted by law, we may not provide such information to you. Also, we may not be able to require our contractors to provide personal information to you and you may need to deal with such a contractor directly. We may ask you to put your request in writing and pay a reasonable fee levied by us for this.
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you are aware that this is not the case and would like your personal information corrected, or simply desire access to your personal information, please contact us at:
Fremantle Central Pharmacy
Shop 1, Corner Cantonment & Queen Streets
Fremantle WA 6160 (Target Building)
P: 08 9335 2786
F: 08 9336 1130
M: 0481 053 317
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information or if you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or any other applicable privacy law or code, please contact us at the above telephone number and ask to speak with our Pharmacy Manager. We will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your complaints or requests within seven (7) working days.
Please contact us if you have any queries about the personal information that we hold about you or the way we handle that personal information. Our contact details for privacy queries are set out above.
Further information about the Australian Privacy Principles and the application of privacy law generally can be found by contacting the Australian Information Commissioner (see http://www.oaic.gov.au).